Our Customers rate us 4.6 out of 5


Specialist buildings & contents insurance advisors.

Need buildings insurance but have an unusual property? Whatever the risks facing your new home, we’ll help you protect it from the unknown.

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. When The Bank Says No is a mortgage broker, and not a lender.

Find me a mortgage broker...

Get an instant quote by letting us know what you’re looking for:

How Much Can You Borrow?

Get an instant quote by filling out the following:

Annual Gross Income
You could borrow
For a property worth:
Annual Gross Income
You could borrow
To buy a property worth:
purple bat

When The Bank Says No is working closely with leading providers...

Useful links to begin your Mortgage Journey



Bridging Finance Brokers

When you need to bridge a gap in your finances, we are there to find suitable finance options for you.


Debt consolidation mortgages

Bad Credit Mortgages

When your credit record isn’t the best and you’re struggling to find a lender, we can step in so you don’t miss out on your dream home.

Debt consolidation mortgages


Need help navigating buy-to-let mortgages? With our help we’ll make it easier than you think, even if you have bad credit.


Debt consolidation mortgages


Remortgaging doesn’t have to be tricky, whether you are looking to remortgage to consolidate debt, buy another property or finance home improvements.

Finding The Best Buildings And Contents Insurance Deal For Your Circumstances

If you’re purchasing a property using a mortgage, the chances are you will need buildings insurance. This is often part of your mortgage conditions. Finding the right policy can be frustrating, particularly if you’re facing pricey premiums and complicated terms due to the nature of your property. When the Bank Says No is a team of qualified insurance advisors who can help make sure you have the best product available to your situation, and the right cover for your needs. We have access to specialist insurers who will be happy to cover unusual property types, flood risk areas, and those who have claimed previously. With us, you can protect your home with confidence!

bad credit mortgages

Helping you reinforce.

Failing to reinforce your property against the unknown can leave you financially vulnerable, but the insurance market can be complex and confusing. Don’t fret; our team of qualified insurance advisors understand all the ins and outs of buildings and contents insurance and are here to guide you through the process. We’ll make sure your property is fully protected with the most suitable policy, so you can move in without fearing the future.

green monster

Let's get the ball rolling.

We can support you and help you to make yourself as attractive to banks as possible, ready for your next application!

blue monster

Check your credit file.

In order for us to assess your credit history and suitability for different mortgage products, you will need to check your file.

What is buildings and contents insurance?

In a nutshell, buildings and contents insurance protects your property and the things in it from damage or theft. If your home or possessions are damaged by fire, extreme weather, water or something else, the insurance will pay out, enabling you to fund the necessary repairs. Likewise, if your valuable are stolen, the insurance will pay for their replacement. Looking for a building and contents product that suits you? We’re here to take the hassle of the search off your shoulders! Contact our team today!

Why do I need buildings insurance when taking out a mortgage?

Buildings insurance is normally a condition of any mortgage. This is because the lender will want to know that the property securing their loan is safe from risk. If your property is damaged by fire or weather and you don’t have cover, you will face repair or rebuild costs yourself. This may mean you can no longer afford to keep up with mortgage repayments. If you fail to meet repayments, the repossession and sale of the property will enable the lender to recoup their losses. But damage is undoubtably going to have an impact on its value, making this protection uncertain from the lender’s perspective.

Turning Your Nightmares Into Dreams

turquoise underline

When you think you’ve hit that brick wall and have all but given up hope of finding mortgage finance, When the Bank Says No are here to turn your ‘No’ into a ‘Yes’. We have access to a range of specialist lenders who are willing to help those that the High Street banks just won’t touch. Get in touch today and see how we can turn your dreams into a reality.

Do I have to insure the contents of my home for my mortgage conditions?

No, contents insurance is optional when it comes to mortgage conditions, but it’s still worth considering. Often, the same insurer can provide multi discounts, making it more affordable than you think to get comprehensive cover. Think about it carefully; if all your valuables were damaged or stolen, could you afford to replace them? For many people, this would put serious pressure on their finances. Our insurance specialists can go through the options available and identify a policy that suits your needs – get in touch with us!

Frequently Asked Questions

I’m purchasing a Buy to Let; do I need contents insurance?

No. Whilst you will need buildings insurance, the contents of the building are the responsibility of the tenant. However, that’s not to say it isn’t a good idea to get contents insurance or a combined, multi discount policy. Doing so may provide you with greater protection as a landlord if the tenant cannot afford to replace your items. Talk to us today about the best option for your Buy to Let!

Non standard and unusual property types can unfortunately lead to refusal from certain insurers. The good news is that there are specialist home insurance providers who are dedicated to providing cover for unusual properties. These policies can be pricier, however, so it’s important to get a quote and fully evaluate the terms before making any decisions. Advice and guidance from a qualified insurance broker will support you throughout the process, enabling you to make the most appropriate choice.

It’s important to make sure the insurance policy you take our will be sufficient to cover the rebuild and repair costs of your property. The rebuild cost is the amount needed to completely rebuild your home from the ground up if it was totally destroyed, including labour and materials. Basing a policy on this worst-case-scenario figure is likely to be your best option, as this will ensure you have sufficient protection, but also prevent you from paying higher premiums than necessary. Some home insurance providers also provide unlimited cover as standard.

Expert buildings & contents insurance advice.

Home insurance is often required by mortgage lenders, but is also just a sensible policy to have. When the Bank Says No has spent years helping prospective homeowners all over the country find the most suitable protection for their property and situation. Highly qualified and dedicated to no-nonsense advice, we’ll help you achieve approval for your buildings and contents insurance, even accessing specialist lenders from our trusted network if necessary.

debt consolidation mortgages

What Our customers say about us

Our Customers rank us 4.6 out of 5


Get In Touch With A Mortgage Specialist Today